Merry Christmas (Yep, 'still here)


Photo by hubby www.epcreativephotography.com

I did not realise that I never had a single post for 2017 so I am "trying" to make up for it by this short Christmas post. The photos are even late, yes from Christmas last year (2016). This year has it's highs and lows, though I am such a procrastinator, the main reason for not posting is me taking a break. Although this year started with a bang, I immediately had a low prior to my birthday back in March. I had health issues that keep coming back which made me realise that I had to slow down. So I stopped baking (been baking far too many), tried to lessen the stress between balancing family and work life (yes it has been tough) and finally, had our long awaited holiday to the Philippines. I had not been home in like s-e-v-e-n years. Part of my health issues was to control the food I take mainly the ones that can trigger the acidity but I've missed a lot of Pinoy food, delicacies and even the local produce so I ate them anyway and guess what, I never felt any problems with my tummy. So it was maybe stress related after all - though I refused to accept this from the start.

Anyway, I still make cakes just for personal consumption or if I need to contribute to an occasion but other than that, I am not baking as I used to (of course it hurt at first because baking is my passion) - my body can only take so much. So yeah, here I am again. I will probably post more in the coming days if I can. Some other things are also keeping us busy in the home front so I am more likely to break that promise but I will definitely post time and again especially on our wonderful Philippine trip. Hopefully I would be techie enough to post the videos especially of the lovely beaches and the delectable cuisines that are truly Pinoy.

So Merry Christmas and 'hope to have a Happy New Year post next time.

Comments

Popular Posts