No Bake Silvanas

I have been MIA for the whole month of October due to work and baking (on the side) commitments...and of course with being a mummy which should always come first. I was so busy making cake orders that I rarely had time to experiment on new recipes except for the odd dinner menus which I really have to innovate as both hubby and I are "bored" with eating the same kind of food every night.

Finally, I have this baking discovery. It is so simple to make and as what the title suggests, you don't even have to bake it. Silvanas is one of my fave desserts and this recipe was discovered by accident as I don't want the left over buttercream and cake crumbs go to waste. Sooner or later (if I have the time) I might really try the long (baked) version but for now this should do. A lot of friends on Facebook and Instagram have asked for this recipe after I posted it. I also tried to do some variations from the plain version - i.e. ube, pandan, mango and chocolate. Hope you enjoy this quick and recipe as much as my friends did. It's been so long since I last posted a recipe here so it feels so refreshing.

No Bake Silvanas


For the buttercream:

8 tbsp or 1 stick butter
1 cup icing sugar
1 tsp flavouring (vanilla extract if plain, ube/pandan/mango flavouring or 1 tsp coffee dissolved in 2 tsp hot water for mocha/chocolate)

Using a stand-in mixer or handheld mixer, beat the butter until light yellow and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Turn the mixer to low and gradually add the icing sugar then beat at medium speed until smooth and creamy. On low speed, add the flavouring/extract and mix until blended. 

For the crust/meringue:

Ready made meringue, crushed into small pieces
Butter cookies, crushed into finer pieces
Crushed nuts (about 1-2 tbsp)
Cake Crumbs (for ube/pandan/chocolate flavoured silvanas) for rolling
*Oreo cookies to be added for the chocolate silvanas

Mix the buttercream with the crushed meringue, butter cookies and nuts. Form into oblong shapes and roll into the crumbs to cover all sides. If making plain silvanas, you can roll them onto the butter cookies and nuts mixture again.

Place the silvanas into cupcake cases. Serve and enjoy!

NOTES:
There is no specific number of cookies and meringue as you just have to determine that it is enough to incorporate into the buttercream. For the butter cookies, I have tried different brands but the best one for me so far is Hema's Almond Butter Cookies.

Comments

Popular Posts