Baked Salmon a la Conti's


In observance of the Holy Week, I have decided to post this recipe. This is one of the fish recipes that I find easy to make considering that I only know a very few seafood dishes. I guess I still need more improvement in that department. Conti's baked salmon is one of their best sellers and I made my own version, of course with the help of a little internet research. I have come across different versions of the dish but this is the easiest and least complicated of them all.

Again, I made some variations to the original recipe. I also did not bake the buttered vegetables with the salmon as I noticed (in previous attempts) that they often shrink after baking and don't look "fresh." So I prefer to put the veggies into the pan after the salmon is baked. I also did not put measurements on the ingredients for the topping as you just need to put the right amount to cover the salmon. Enjoy!

Ingredients:

500 g salmon fillets
salt
pepper
lemon juice
butter
1 1/2 to 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed

Topping:
garlic mayonnaise
soft cheese
crushed Sky Flakes crackers (about 2)
parmesan cheese
coriander

Rub salt and pepper on the salmon fillets then add lemon juice (I used 1 lemon) and marinate for at least an hour. Melt butter in a pan then sear the salmon for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the fish on a baking pan.

Using the same pan where you seared the fish, sauté the mixed veggies then set aside. The veggies will be transferred to the baking pan after the fish has been baked.

Spread the garlic mayo and cream cheese evenly on the fish. Top with crushed Sky flakes and parmesan cheese. Sprinkle some coriander leaf seasoning and bake for 10-15 minutes in a pre-heated oven (170-200C). Remove the fish when the top is slightly brown. Arrange the veggies around the salmon and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts