LONDON EATS for the week

I wanted to try this new segment and if possible make it into a weekly thing. Since coming back to work from mat leave, I always make it a point to enjoy my lunches (aka ME time). This doesn't mean that I always have to splurge and pay for lunch, I may even have my packed lunch but still take my food outside and enjoy the views of London. After all I'm working in a tourist area and I got to see these views everyday. I guess it's only now that I've explored the places around me. I have a few of my favourite places which are also within my budget but every now and then I have these discoveries which I'll share from time to time.

WASABI's Chicken Gyoza Soumen

It was a rainy Thursday and a bit cold when I went for lunch outside so I decided to try out any of Wasabi's ramens or noodle soups. The only thing is their tubs are quite tall and I usually can't finish them in one eating (I always have to eat them in two batches whenever I'd order the rice toppings). Whilst deciding on what to eat, I saw these small-sized noodle soups which are about the right size for a small eater like me. I finally made up my mind on the Chicken Gyoza Soumen which is made of thin rice noodles (reminds me of sotanghon), chicken gyoza dumplings (about 2) and fresh veggies on a hot chicken broth. It was definitely the hot comfort food for the rainy weather and I would definitely give it another go next time. 

You can eat using a spoon... 

...or use chopsticks then drink the soup afterwards

McDonald's Caramel Frappe

This is one of my favourite frappes mainly because it seriously tastes like ice scramble. I'm not sure if it's just me or I just miss the ice scramble back home but the first time I tasted it, it transported me to my childhood days. I am definitely going to have another drink of this and relive my childhood summers. 

Homeward bound and enjoying my TGIF summer meal

Comments

Popular Posts