MARCH CELEBRATIONS : Our Birthday Week

March starts with our birthdays (hubby's birthday is only a day early). Since this time, we have a baby we just decided to celebrate our birthdays by eating out. No more parties at home (I'm too tired to cook and prepare different dishes) and no more holidays in or out of UK (travelling with a baby would be a challenge, maybe when Isla's a bit older).

We kickstarted hubby's birthday by going to one of our favorite American/Italian restos, Frankie & Benny's. Food was good but with our little one constantly seeking our attention, it's hard to concentrate on the food, let alone finish it. Hubby and I had to take turns eating. Nevertheless, it was a good meal. I was so full afterwards - I should've settled for a 2 course meal (I had a 3 course).The taste of their doughballs definitely remind me of Fazoli's. It has a special place in my heart because it was one of the first restaurants I went to when I started working as a call centre agent in Manila.

Starters: Buffalo wings & celery sticks with blue cheese sauce and warm dough balls 
My Main: Chicken carbonara bake
His Main: Steak & fries
For dessert: Mamma's hot crumbles

The birthday celebration continued a day after when good friends paid us a visit. We had some Japanese at Wagamama and I also made our very simple birthday carrot cake.

My order - Yaki udon and ebi gyoza (in the background)
His order -  Salmon teriyaki soba (I liked this better although mine was great too)
Our simple birthday carrot cake
We capped off the week by celebrating Mother's Day by having lunch at Nando's (hubby's treat for me).
Peri peri chicken, garlic break and side salad

Comments

Popular Posts