Isla's First Christmas

I have to say this is by far the busiest Christmas ever. I was so overloaded with orders for Heaven in a Box that I barely had time to prepare our own Noche Buena thus resulting to a hastily prepared meal. I can only do my best. Thanks to the halogen oven where we cooked our chicken and pork. I also did a quick garlic shrimp pasta. made special fried rice from the left overs and put a little effort on my carrot cake with cream frosting (such a gutsy move to try the rose cake design on one of my busiest nights...and very last minute as well). Nevertheless, this is a special Christmas for all three of us as this is the first one where we will be celebrating this as a family.


Place cards I got from Sainburys which I also used as cake toppers after I ran out of them due to the increased cake orders; also hubby's newly discovered favorite drink, cidre. 

Shrimp garlic pasta and (halogen) roast poussin chicken. 

My special fried rice and hubby's roast pork. 


As I don't want my cake to look like one of my orders, I made the carrot cake(same recipe in the blog) and put the gutsy rose cake design using cream frosting (I tried cream cheese last time and it was a bit of disaster); I will definitely improve next time using buttercream. I also sprinkled hollies and berries on the cake. Although after a few days, the cake decorations smeared on the cake's white frosting so they're probably good for just one night. 




Comments

Popular Posts