Last Summer Day Out in Newhaven



This was a trip back in mid-September. It our friends' son's birthday and along with other families and friends, we celebrated it on the beach. It was a sunny day but still cold. I only had my cardigan on so I had to endure the chilly air the whole day. This was also our first beach day-out with Isla and the farthest we've been as a family. As you can see, as we have no transport, we would just go around town (on foot) and there was just one time where we went to Crawley (which is the next town) when Isla had her first vaccine (we requested a friend to drive us there). This time, we rode in our friends' car (bless them). I also made a Cookies and Cream cake for the birthday. Too bad, I wasn't able to take any pictures of the cake. As it was our first day out, I was quite stressed and toxic, preparing all our stuff to bring for the whole day and also preparing Isla who was a bit cranky before we left.

We went to Newhaven which is a seaside town in East Sussex. It is known as a port and a lot of people would also go there fishing. In fact, some of our friends went fishing during the day and one of them caught a big trout. Aside from the spectacular views of the beach, you can also go hiking and go up into the rocks where the view is much better, overlooking the area. As much as I would love to, I was not able to go around the beach because I had to babysit Isla. When I had the chance, I was too afraid to hike further because it looks like I may have a hard time going back down as it was very steep and rocky. Anyway, I had fun as it was the first time in months to finally have some fresh sea air and I'm not sure when we are going to have this chance again. It was a tiring day but definitely worth it.





Comments

Popular Posts