A book, a list and some movies

Things I got for myself this week. 
It been a while since I last read a book (iBook to be exact) and I haven't finished it until now. The last time I read was before I gave birth. It has been my habit when I was still pregnant to read before I sleep as I'm having a hard time sleeping at night. 'Guess I have a lot of catching up to do. Taking care of my baby has occupied a big chunk of my time now. When hubby went back to work, I had a hard time adjusting but I can say that things are a bit settled now and fairly manageable so I can definitely go back to reading again. I can do this. I know I still have to do home chores in between as well as keep up with my Filipino teleseryes which I've been following daily on TFC.tv but multitasking has been my thing and I have mastered it even more with a baby in tow.

This now brings us as to why I got the third Fifty Shades installment. I'm halfway on the second book and now I have decided to go back to reading actual books rather than my Kindle or iPad for the reason that I bought a cheaper book and it saves electricity now that it has definitely gone haywire since we had the baby. It may take some time to adjust to reading an actual book again as I was really so slow when I tried it last time because I've been used to my Kindle for so long. Hubby got it for my birthday last year and I fell in love with it. It still looks like a book when you read it, it's lighter and smaller so I don't have to worry about carrying something heavy especially if it's a hardbound book. It is also cheaper to download books and they won't occupy space in our already crowded store room. But now it has been part of my energy-saving plan to go back to basics and if possible, wait until these books go on sale or become pre-owned in charity shops (that is if I can bear it). I'm starting to see things differently since becoming a mum.

Now enough of the books. I also got me some DVDs and Blu-ray. The Harry Potter and Twilight movies were to complete my collection. I still have Part 1 of the Deathly Hallows missing though. Of course, I have also read the book versions of both HP and Twilight. I'm so into trilogies and series especially when it has become a hit. Of course, I may just read it at first to satisfy my curiosity then it all depends if I'm gonna love it or not. But once you've started with these book series, you just get hooked and you end up reading all of them anyway because you wanted to know what happens in the end. So far, from all the ones I've read, I ended up finishing the whole trilogy, saga or series.

About the odd one, Something Borrowed, it is one of my fave rom coms and it was at a good price even if it's preowned so I got it. I wouldn't mind watching it all over again. It's one of those movies I've watched where I didn't expect that I'm gonna like it and it was sort of unpredictable for me, not one of those typical feel-good chick flicks, which I still like by the way (no matter how predictable they are). This is also based on a book of the same title and I'll probably try to read it if I happen to like it. I still have to read the sample which I have just downloaded. We'll see.

Books I've been wanting to have
Now I still have the above books on my wish list. They are the latest of my fave authors. Ever since I started reading again (which is when I started working here in the UK), aside from reading books on the bestseller's list, I was a bit organised and would read ALL books written by an author I like. If there was nothing left to read, I would just read any of the free books on Amazon for my Kindle. Oh how I miss those train rides to and from London where I would kill time by reading a book. Now that I have been preoccupied with a lot of things, I really have a lot of catching up to do. As we speak, I was not able to resist the temptation and got two of the books on my wish list. A friend told me that JK Rowling's book was on half price and it's hard bound. And the other book which was just released from Tilly Bagshawe has got a good deal. Got both from Amazon and what's much better is they're eligible for free shipping. I-c-a-n-n-o-t-w-a-i-t. As a challenge, I will finish Fifty Shades before I read them. As for Sophie Kinsella's book, I'll just wait for the paperback release because it's still expensive, even the ebook. It'll be in November I think so not too long to wait now.

And so this is the return of my book adventures. Bring it on!

Comments

Popular Posts