POSTnatal



It's been another long hiatus again but this time, it's all because of our little bundle of joy. Our daughter, Isla Elise was born two days early from her expected due date. It has been a long (and painful) labour but it was all worth it in the end. The Olympics have gone by and of course, I haven't been to London to watch any of it (as if we were able to do it at that time) or pay attention to any of the games on telly because we've been preoccupied with parent stuff. I have to say we are still trying to learn the ropes and it was extra hard because it's just me and my husband over here (which also explains why I only got hold of the PC just now, uninterrupted whilst bub is asleep - although I still regularly check the net, or rather the social networking sites, on my mobile and iPad). I have to say it's been tough from the start right after recovering from giving birth. It was normal delivery but they had to do some stitches on me as she was surprisingly bigger than expected (7.6 pounds but still a bit bigger for me). My hubby was with me all throughout labour which is just the support I needed. I wish I had gone through epidural instead of just choosing gas and air then Pethidine which in my opinion, never really gave me pain relief because it was so much painful. They were indeed right when they said that nothing could be much more painful than giving birth.

And now, we are facing the challenges of being new parents -  the sleepless nights (well more of me this time as hubby has returned to work), quick showers and late meals, trying to do as much as you can whilst the baby is asleep (like what I'm doing at the mo), losing your patience sometimes when you've done everything and yet the baby won't stop crying, mastering the art of doing things with one hand (as the other hand is holding the baby - yes my baby is quite needy and sometimes doesn't want to be put down) and all other things which we have yet to go through. I'm sure we're just at the beginning and there will be more to come. It's just amazing to think how one small baby could affect your lives, or rather control it. I'll also try to post here as much as I can (whenever I have the free time - fingers crossed). Sometimes, it still feels all surreal to me and I never realised that Isla is now on her 5th week. Yay! I know we may feel really tired and worn out with all the adjustments we have to make as new parents but whenever we see our little miss, it brings us so much joy that we can really say that it was all worth it and that she has definitely changed our lives. :)

Comments

Popular Posts