Welcome to my Blog!

Finally, my first blog. Wohooo!!! I'm not really new to blogging, I used to write in Friendster blogs way back in the pre-Facebook era when Friendster and My Space were the social networking rivals. Actually, when I was younger I write in my diary a lot. Then there was my Multiply account. A work colleague convinced me to set up my own site so that we can do something in between training at work (that was the time when I started another one of my new call centre jobs during my call centre hopping days). Work started to get more of my time or rather, I always feel pressured and burnt-out because of the graveyard shifts and I always feel that I'm not getting enough sleep (even if I have) so my multiply blog has been dormant. Then I got a "normal" job and I started to write my blog again but at that time, I don't have my own PC or internet at home so I have to go to an internet cafe and update my blog whenever I can. But most of the stuff that I wrote at that time were kind of sentimental. Well, it was that time when I was on an emotional rollercoaster so most of blogs contain being bitter and jaded after getting my heart broken and then months after that, wrote another story of unrequited love. Finally, my housemate and I got our first PC (second hand) and had internet at home. So I continued with my writing but got busy again with - what else- love life and I believe the last long blog I wrote was about my boyfriend at that time, who is now my husband. After that, I tried to write short blogs which were supposed to be a promise that I would start writing again but I never did. So ironic. It was when I finally had the tools handy (PC plus internet and even a laptop) that I was too lazy to write. Or I'm not even sure if I could write again.

Now I have decided to do it again. I hope it's for real this time. I will not write in my previous blog accounts because I wanted to start fresh. I'm sure this maybe a bit tough starting to write a blog again because I feel like I've grown out of writing and that my mind is starting to be a bit rusty. So good luck to me. I will try my best. This blog will contain anything under the sun, although mostly maybe about food and my adventures in the kitchen. It's sort of my current hobby because I had no choice but to learn the ropes in cooking when I decided to live abroad. Things are not as convenient and affordable as they were back home so I am still on my quest to being a domestic goddess (if you would call it that). This would also serve as a survival guide in living overseas, just sort of paying it forward. A lot of blogs have been really helpful when I was struggling with my cooking and baking. I am not an expert at all and I am still learning.

On the other hand, I would also be posting about other stuff that interests me. I would try to post whatever is new (although this would seem to be a bit impossible at times as I could not keep up with what's the latest whenever I get busy). The daily dose of news that I get is only dependent on the free newspapers which I read on my train going to and from work. Aside from that, I will also post things about my country as I would make this blog 100 % pinoy as much as possible. Hopefully, I'm able to get my creative juices flowing again and not be lazy this time. Wish me luck.

NOTE: The pic (courtesy of Google) is in honor of  the 50th anniversary of man's first space flight.

Comments

Popular Posts